With thanks for garnet, the gift of life; ivory, the gift of music; myrrh, the gift of healing.

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Birthday!

Today's my birthday! I had a long, hard day at work, but hopefully all my patients are better off for it, and I enjoyed a very nice Thai dinner with John and Daniel. Tomorrow I'll play, and add to this post; wanted to get it in with today's date on it. Goodnight, and may we all have a great new year! Love, Ann.

Okay, now it's really January 28, but I consider it still part of my birthday. Today is my fun day. Yesterday morning I was stretched beyond my stress and frustration coping capacity, but made it through, and after staying late with hours of documentation, finally got out to John, picking me up (literally and figuratively), always instantaneously healing.

We picked up Daniel, went to a Thai place he likes in Oakland (as do we now!) - Saysetha, and had a great dinner. I had a nice phone conversation with Mary, studying hard for midterms, and a brief one with Amber, which we'll continue this evening. I heard via John from Twitter that she was hungry yesterday afternoon because she gave her lunch to hungry immigrant children while waiting with them at Social Services. That was a great act of love, Amber.

Yesterday was a break with tradition in that I was not off work (missed the schedule request deadline), wasn't with my whole family, and didn't want/have a birthday cake because I had a box of special pecan cookies made by John's Mom. I'd made some cupcakes the night before and took to work for my coworkers. They were simple but yummy!

This morning I've been reading: National Geographic and a book from my sister, Baking Cakes in Kigali. I'd like to go to a movie, but also want to hang out with John when he gets home, and he doesn't usually like to go to movies. My choice picks are: Creation, Extraordinary Measures, and The Imaginarium of Dr. Parnassus. Which will it be?


These flowers came to me from my Mom. Thanks, Mom, and thanks again for giving me life!

And thank you, God.
For you created me and shaped me,
gave me life within my mother's womb.
For the wonder of who I am I praise you; safe in your hands all creation is made new.
(Bernadette Farrell, based on Psalm 139)

I look forward to a great year, determined that this last year of my 50's will be full of life, in both work and play; even thinking of venturing out into some new experiences!

Love to you all, and thank you for being a part of my life!




No comments:

Post a Comment