With thanks for garnet, the gift of life; ivory, the gift of music; myrrh, the gift of healing.

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Chris is here!


One of my (our) greatest joys is having Chris Yamate over. We're brushing up our Robbie Burns Night tunes, many of which I've learned from Chris's large Scottish repertoire. For Chris, it's brushing up on fiddle, since she's mostly been playing bagpipes and harp for awhile.

I'd saved Rick Steve's Cities of Italy DVD that I'd gotten from Netflix to watch with Chris, since she loves Italy and has been there several times. So after practice, I cooked us a fettuccine dinner to segue from Scottish to Italian. While I cooked, Chris played her harp. It was a most wonderful experience! The joy of cooking with this beautiful harp concert right next to me, and the joy of a good friend! My cup overflows. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment