With thanks for garnet, the gift of life; ivory, the gift of music; myrrh, the gift of healing.

Saturday, January 2, 2010

Happy New Year!


With neither New Year's eve nor day work holidays for me, John and I enjoyed a cozy, yummy dinner together at home on the eve. I can't go out for pizza, since there are various foods with which my digestive system argues. But, we can make it! And how! (We just need to get Daniel to teach us how to throw the crust.)

John made the crust (rolled), ~3/4 whole wheat, with crushed rosemary, oregano, black pepper, honey and olive oil. I added the toppings after brushing the crust with a little olive oil and artichoke heart marinade: grated Parmesan cheese, sauteed sliced mushrooms, fresh basil and walnut coarsely ground pesto, chopped grilled artichoke hearts, grated aged cheddar cheese, finished with a light sprinkle of smoked paprika. We enjoyed it (understatement) with a bottle of chilled sparkling Cava from the Spanish Table near our home.

I love the new year, new beginnings, and have my list of resolutions in hand (actually, in my head).

Best wishes to you for a wonderful new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment