With thanks for garnet, the gift of life; ivory, the gift of music; myrrh, the gift of healing.

Sunday, January 3, 2010

People, Look Up!

What I actually mean is leave your computer screen (I know you're there), take your body outside, and look up. It may not be there right now, but it will come again. This morning on my way to the gym, there was the most gorgeous array of clouds, the most beautiful wisps of white on blue. I stood looking up for a long time, admiring the art.

Likewise, I love the sparkling stars and the pearly moon at night. Even though I know the science of clouds, stars and moon, I see them as God's art work, here for all to enjoy. Sadly, the stars are often masked by our artificial light and other pollution. Hmmm, perhaps a metaphor here?

I was thinking about this before I realized that today is the celebration of Epiphany; very fitting. A people in darkness have seen a great light!

No comments:

Post a Comment